Pray for “GROWTH IN SERVICE AND GREATER INVOLVEMENT OF ALL ABBEY’S MEMBERS”
“If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen”.
1 Peter 4 (10-11)
- Pray for an enjoyable Friday evenings for these hard working BB members.
- Pray for the Moderator and our Church Secretary, as they manage the temporal affairs of Abbey, plus all the dedicated sub-committee convenors and teams.
- Pray for each elected member of committee, encouraging them to attend all meetings and expedite all agreed business.
- Pray for encouragement and wisdom on our Treasurer and his finance committee as they manage our finances, in times of financial constraint and in particular by raising funds to pay-off the new manse.
- Pray for encouragement and practical assistance to support the excellent work done by the new Property convenor in the maintenance of our properties. Blessings and thanks on our out-going property convenor.
- Pray for generous and consistent financial giving by the congregation to meet the on-going costs of Abbey.
- Give thanks for our ministerand Moderator Rev Alan Carson and blessings on our hard working Clerk of Session, as she continues to facilitate the work within Kirk Session.
- Pray for our Elders as they seek to create a “caring church” which has a mission of “outreach” to the local community and the on-going work of the “Presbyterian Building Good Relations Project”
- Pray for spiritual growth for all members of our congregation.in that non-communicant members of our church would come forth in faith and accept training toward becoming full members of our church
- Pray that members would volunteer their time to supporting the Lord’s work within Abbey.
- Pray that our congregation will actively support (providing food and children’s clothing) to assist the work done by Carnmory Presbyterian Church in their Helping Hands Ministry”.